The City of Windom’s street system consists of 28 miles of paved hard surfacing and 5 miles of gravel streets. The department has six full-time staff persons and one seasonal worker. The department’s staff performs all of the basic street maintenance, including snow removal, pothole repair, boulevard tree maintenance, storm sewer maintenance, street sign maintenance, and street cleaning services. The staff also maintains the city’s parks including mowing and maintenance of park facilities. They also assist other City departments throughout the year. Our large construction projects are handled by outside firms. Our staff takes extreme pride in keeping the city clean and beautiful throughout the seasons.
The equipment owned by the City Street Department includes three 2 ½ ton dump trucks with snow removal attachments, 2 front end pay loaders (one of which has a large front-end mounted snow blower), motor grader, street sweeper, plus other units that aid in our efforts to keep the community running smoothly and looking good.
Throughout the year the department also assists several businesses and organizations with special events. Those events include the City of Windom’s annual Riverfest celebration which is held during the second weekend of June.
Windom City Hall
Monday-Friday: 8am to 5pm
Windom City Hall
444 9th Street, P.O. Box 38
Windom, MN 56101-0038
- Cancelled – Special Meeting Scheduled for November 22nd at 5:00 p.mNovember 22, 2022 - 9:19 am
- Windom Police Dept. Public Hearing – Unmanned Aerial System (Drone) PolicyNovember 17, 2022 - 8:49 am
- ORDINANCE NO. 195, 2ND SERIESOctober 19, 2022 - 11:12 am
- Fair Housing – Where You Live is Your ChoiceOctober 18, 2022 - 12:28 pm
- Planned Maintenance Electric OutageAugust 30, 2022 - 2:27 pm