To be eligible to vote you must be:
- 18 years of age or older on the day of the election
- A US Citizen
- Lived in Minnesota for 20 days
You can register to vote on the day of the election.
If you are not registered to vote, you can register to vote at the polling location. Everyone who registers on Election Day must have proof of his or her identity and address.
Accepted forms of identification and address verification include:
- Minnesota Driver’s License or Learner’s permit
- Minnesota ID Card
- Student ID Card and a dorm list with present address
- Student fee statement with address in the precinct and a photo ID
- US Passport
- US military ID
If your address has changed, please bring with you a current utility bill showing your name and new address.
If you do not have any authorized proof of identity, you can still vote by having someone who is registered in the precinct “vouch” for your residence.
Should you have questions concerning voting requirements, please contact the City of Windom Election Coordinator, Denise Nichols, at 831-6129 or Cottonwood County Auditor, Jan Johnson, at 831-1905.