We need at least one IBEW member ASAP.
We will be loosing 2 committee members soon.
We need your help and ideas.
Most of the events are set for this year.
Call, stop by or email Cheryl or any committee member.
Andy, Dana, Dawn or Spencer
Thanks for getting involved!
My Health Rewards by Medica: New rewards option in 2022
My Health Rewards by Medica® inspires employees to build healthy habits – and rewards them for doing so. The
20-day triple tracker is a new earning opportunity for 2022. It rewards My Health Rewards Standard and Results members with an additional $5 per month (up to $60 per year) when they meet steps and activity tracking goals. My Health Rewards Invest members are not eligible for this additional reward.
Members need to track any combination of the following activities on 20 or more days in a calendar month to earn the $5 bonus monthly reward ($60 per year):
- 7,000 steps a day and/or
- 15 active minutes a day and/or
- 15 workout minutes a day
Members must connect their fitness tracker to their My Health Rewards account. Manual tracking of steps and active/workout minutes will not count toward earning the monthly reward.
In 2022, My Health Rewards Standard and Results members can earn up to $220 in rewards annually through our points-based program and the 20-day triple tracker. Rewards can be redeemed for e-gift cards, donations to a cause or charity, and for purchasing health and fitness products.
You’ll get secure, 24/7 access to:
· An Omada health coach to keep you on track
· Devices you need like a scale and/or glucose meter
· A personalized dashboard to guide your journey
· An online community tailored to your interests
Reach your health goals, one step at a time.
· We’ll create a personalized path to help you get there.
· Ongoing one-on-one health coaching
· Connected scale to monitor progress
· Nutrition tips, ideas, and recipes
Stay on top of diabetes
· Specialized coaching from a certified diabetes specialist
· Connected devices you need to monitor your glucose
· Immediate feedback on glucose readings
Improve your overall health
· Strategies to sleep better and manage stress
· Interactive lessons to build healthy habits
· Techniques to overcome challenges
It only takes a few minutes to get started.
Get started: omadahealth.com/mhc
Yours in health,
The Minnesota Health Consortium Team and Medica
Over-the-counter (OTC) COVID-19 testing coverage
The federal government recently released FAQ #51 on coverage for COVID-19 testing by private health insurers and group health plans. The guidance clarifies how members in group or individual health plans can seek reimbursement for over-the-counter (OTC) COVID antigen diagnostic home tests.
Effective Jan. 15, 2022, and for the duration of the national public health emergency, Medica members enrolled in individual plans and commercial fully and self-funded plans have coverage for OTC FDA-authorized COVID-19 antigen tests without a prescription from a qualified health professional.
- Coverage includes up to eight FDA-approved OTC COVID-19 antigen home tests for each member per month covered under a subscriber’s plan.
- Tests can be obtained through a network pharmacy at no cost.*
- Tests obtained at an out-of-network pharmacy or retailer are eligible for reimbursement at $12 per OTC test. Members will be required to submit a claim form to process reimbursement.
- OTC tests purchased prior to Jan. 15, 2022 are not eligible for reimbursement.
- Tests purchased to fulfill employer-directed testing requirements are not eligible for reimbursement.
*If the network pharmacy is unable to directly submit the claim for the member’s OTC antigen tests, they can complete and submit a Pharmacy Claim Submission form. Completed forms and receipt(s) should be mailed to the following address for reimbursement:
ATTN: Commercial Claims
P.O. Box. 14711
Lexington, KY 40512-4711
Or members can fax their claim form and receipt(s) to 1 (608) 741-5475.
A listing of FDA-approved Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) COVID-19 antigen tests can be found on the FDA’s website.
Medica Customer Service
When employees have questions about their health plan benefits, we’re here to help. Employees can call Customer Service to get answers to their questions:
- Is my doctor in the network?
- Do I have a copay? A deductible? Coinsurance?
- Has my claim been paid?
- How much will my prescription cost?
- What health and wellness programs are available?
Call Customer Service at 1-877-347-0282 (TTY: 711). We’re available 7 a.m.- 8 p.m. Monday – Friday and 9 a.m.-3 p.m. on Saturdays
Medica CallLink for 24/7 nurse support
Medica CallLink connects employees with trusted advisors and nurses to get the health answers they need—at no extra cost.
- Learn more about a diagnosis.
- Decide what care will meet your needs.
- Understand symptoms and treatment options.
- Find a doctor or hospital and make an appointment.
Talk with an advisor or nurse, 24/7 at 1 (800) 962-9497 (TTY: 711).
Medica member website
The Medica member website is employees’ one-stop resource for all kinds of information to help them manage their health plan benefits and improve their health:
- Order ID cards.
- Find out what their plan covers.
- Track claims.
- Find a health care provider.
- See what drugs are covered.
- Learn about health and wellness programs.
It only takes a few minutes to register. Employees can go to Medica.com/SignIn and follow the instructions to create their account and access their plan information.
My Health Rewards by Medica® support
Have questions about the My Health Rewards by Medica program? Get help with registration, sync your fitness tracker & apps, and more. Call Virgin Pulse Member Services at 1 (833) 450-4074. We’re available 7 a.m.-8 p.m. CST Monday-Friday. Or email Medica.Support@VirginPulse.com.
MEDICA Member ID Cards are arriving in the mail. Watch for your new cards.
A new member website is coming your way soon! Signup January 1, 2022 – www.Medica.com/Signin
Updated navigation and new features
Members will be able to download their member ID card, access benefits, check on claims, find providers, explore wellness resources, and much more.
Member topic of the month: Out-of-network care
The topic this month is out-of-network care. See how much more it costs to visit providers outside a plan’s network.