City Code requires that all dogs and cats over six months of age must have a license. All City of Windom pet licenses expire on December 31st of each year.
To renew or obtain a license for your pet, stop by City Hall at 444 9th Street. Cost to renew your pet license is $8.00 for each unspayed female cat and dog, $5.00 for all other cats and dogs. When you apply for a license for your pet bring with you the documentation from your Veterinary Clinic that your pet was immunized for rabies.
Also, please remember it is prohibited for pets to run at large within the City of Windom. If your pet is found running at large, it will be impounded at the Cottonwood Veterinary Clinic. If the pet has a license the owner will be contacted, if the owner is unknown, a written notice will be posted for five days at City Hall. The notice will describe the pet and the place the pet was found. The pet will be released after impound and maintenance fees for each day the pet was impounded are paid. The impound fee is a flat fee of $20.00 for a licensed pet and $40.00 for an unlicensed pet, the maintenance fee per day is $10.00 for a licensed pet and $15.00 for an unlicensed pet.
If you have any questions call 831-6129, City Hall.
Windom City Hall
Monday-Friday: 8am to 5pm
Windom City Hall
444 9th Street, P.O. Box 38
Windom, MN 56101-0038
- Cancelled – Special Meeting Scheduled for November 22nd at 5:00 p.mNovember 22, 2022 - 9:19 am
- Windom Police Dept. Public Hearing – Unmanned Aerial System (Drone) PolicyNovember 17, 2022 - 8:49 am
- ORDINANCE NO. 195, 2ND SERIESOctober 19, 2022 - 11:12 am
- Fair Housing – Where You Live is Your ChoiceOctober 18, 2022 - 12:28 pm
- Planned Maintenance Electric OutageAugust 30, 2022 - 2:27 pm