The administrative office of the City of Windom is comprised of four full-time and three part-time positions. One of the most important functions of the Administration Department is customer service and response to citizen inquiries. All customer services related to the City’s six utilities (electric, telephone, internet, cable television, water and wastewater) are coordinated through this office.
City Administrator\Clerk is the chief administrative officer for the City. The City Administrator is appointed annually by the City Council. The City Administrator\Clerk implements policy decisions of the City Council and enforces City ordinances\policies. In addition, the City Administrator directly supervises the directors of the City’s operating departments and supervises the administration of the City’s personnel system. The City Administrator and Finance Director\Controller prepare a proposed annual budget and submit it to the City Council for consideration and final approval consistent with State law, along with presenting recommendations and programs to the City Council.
The Administration Department also oversees and is responsible for:
– Maintenance of all official records
– Publishing all legal notices
– Preparation of Council and Commission agenda
– Conducting public hearings
– Coordination of City elections
– Administration of contracts
– Issuance of bonds or other indebtedness
– Public improvements & construction projects
– Capital Improvement Plan for city infrastructure and facilities