SW/WC Service Cooperative will have a representative here to review with employees the upcoming medical insurance change from BCBS to Medica. If you would like additional information or have questions please plan to attend this informational meeting.
Tuesday, August 31st at 1:00 p.m. in the City Council Chambers
To assist you with the transition from BCBS to Medica please review the following information from BCBS to Medica. Visit the informational website to help search for your provider and checkout how to find a provider.
We’re getting ready to welcome you to Medica in 2022!
We are working hard to make the switch to Medica easy for you and your family. We know health care can be confusing, and changing health plans might seem concerning.
Get to know Medica
Medica is a Minnesota-based nonprofit health plan with a 45-year history. Our health plans and services are offered to nearly 1 million members across Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.
We’re committed to building trust with our customers, members, and the communities where they live, work, and play. You can count on us to deliver great service, an extensive network of providers, and many resources to help you be your healthiest self.
What to expect
During the coming months, you will learn more about the Minnesota Healthcare Consortium plans with Medica including network options, pharmacy benefits, and more. Until then, we have prepared an informational website that will offer you a glimpse of what is to come. You can also go to the new mnhc.gov website for more information on all the programs and services from the Minnesota Healthcare Consortium.
Your provider network options
In addition to choosing your plan benefits (how your care is covered), you’ll also get to choose your provider network (where you go for care). You will have provider network options including Medica Choice Passport, a national network of providers that is one of the largest networks in the country with and includes the Mayo Clinic.
Visit the informational website to search for your providers. And check out the How to Find a Network Provider tip sheet for search tips.
Engaging and fun health and wellness programs
Your Minnesota Healthcare Consortium and Medica plan is about good health, not just about getting good care when you’re sick. Your plan will include a variety of programs and services that will help you live well, including:
- My Health Rewards by Medica® features health assessments, lifestyle, and condition management coaching, and activity tracking to inspire behavior changes. Employees and their dependents ages 18 and over can each earn up to $160 annually in rewards!
- Healthy Savings® provides employees with up to $50 in weekly discounts on healthy food items at many retail grocers across Minnesota.
- Fit Choices℠ rewards employees for health club workouts. Employees work out at a participating health club eight time a month and earn up to a $20 credit each month toward their health club dues. That’s up to $240 a year!
- Ovia Health™ provides maternal and parental guidance, support, and coaching through smartphone apps.
- Sanvello offers guided help for stress, anxiety, and depression.
- Omada helps at-risk employees as they work to lose weight and reduce their risk for diabetes and heart disease.
Talk to your Group Leader or Service Cooperative with questions you have about your plan and the upcoming switch to Medica.
We look forward to serving you!